Trailer dampers fitted with the 91 series KONI are equipped with one of the strongest shock absorbers for the trailer market. As well as the extensive OEM contracts with companies such as SAF and ArvinMeritor, KONI has a complete aftermarket range. With the 91 series, which can also be mounted in a horizontal position, KONI has proved to be the absolute market leader in the trailer range.
New innovation – the Type 91
The 91 type trailer damper has proven that it is in a class of it own. With its unique features this damper is popular amongst OE manufacturers and in the aftermarket. Leading trailer manufacturers specify 91 type trailer dampers and are convinced of its quality by the long lifetime.
A unique market leading design
- 10 tons static load capacity – important for ‘roll-on/roll off’ transport.
- Weight reduction due to new plastic cover.
- Thicker piston rod can cope with higher sideways forces.
- Enables extremely high working temperatures due to new types of seals and special oil.
- Can be mounted horizontally to reduce suspension height and maximise trailer volume.
- Reduce freight movement and damage.
- Less wear on tyres and other suspension components.
- Extend trailer life.
We had serious problems with the dampers of our new car carriers. When they travelled from Moscow to Yekaterinburg and back we needed to exchange all the original dampers because
they where leaking. The manufacturer of these trailers apparently used a low quality damper, because after changing the dampers, this problem occurred again.
Since switching to KONl we haven’t had this problem anymore. The trailer behaves itself and is much more stable, which reduces freight movement. We have also seen less wear on tyres and other suspension components.
We convinced the Italian manufacturer of this trailer to use KONl as an original supplier and since then we can use every new trailer in our fleet straight from the box. We can now guarantee safe and damage-free transport of brand new vehicles all over Russia.“
TAISU Global Truck
(Transportation company from Russia)